Thursday, December 15, 2011

Tim Tebow does the Tebowing!

OK. Who is Tim Tebow? And what is that tebowing fuss all about? To give you a clear image of who and what it is, here's a photo of Tim Tebow:




and here is Tim doing the Tebowing:




And, the fans doing the Tebowing:




I am no biggie with American NFL or whatsoever. However, while I was busy doing some drafts, my friend, Karlo Bandong who resides in California, informed me if I knew something about Tim Tebow and Tebowing. I was like "what was that??". Apparently, he said that this Tim Tebow is somewhat popular in the US especially with American football fans. So what do I care right? Here in Pinas, we're more into boxing, basketball billiards... but football? Nah. He told me to Google about him. I was hesitant at first. What it has got to do with me, right? After countless nagging, I opened Google. Typed Tim Tebow and found out about this:


According to Wikipedia.com
Timothy Richard "TimTebow (born August 14, 1987) is an American football player who is currently the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Broncos as the 25th overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft and played college football at Florida.
Tebow is known as a dual threat quarterback, adept at both rushing and passing the football. At the conclusion of his college career, he held the Southeastern Conference's all-time records in both career passing efficiency and total rushing touchdowns, appearing second and tenth (respectively) in the NCAA record book in these categories.
With his unorthodox NFL QB skillset, frequent expressions of religion, and ability to help his team win, Tim Tebow has attracted unprecedented praise, criticism, and attention from the sporting media and beyond. In fact, USAToday reports that 'tebowing' has appeared so many times in the global media that it can now be considered an English language word. Commenting on Tebow's play and the attention he has garnered, many football players and observers have said that they "have never seen anything like it."
And this has got me surprised:
 Tebow was born in Makati City in the Philippines, to American parents who were serving as Christian Baptist missionaries at the time. His mother, Pamela Elaine (née Pemberton), is the daughter of a U.S. Army colonel, and his father, Robert Ramsey Tebow II, is a pastor.
YES! He is born in the wonderful land of the Philippines! Wow! This man is something to be proud of! And yes, he was also proud of his birthplace!


According to thepostgame.com, Tebow said that "I will always have a special place in my heart for the country where I was born."


And I'm pretty sure that this Tim Tebow will somehow make it big here in Pinas. Pinoy fans, behold and get ready for Tebow and Tebowing! Oh well, this got Makati City something to be proud of again. 


Ganito kami sa Makati! Let's all do the tebowing!

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Pinoy pride for an American NFL player!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ganito talaga kami sa Makati! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Elaine: Ganito kami sa Makati, may NFL player na sikat! HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments!