Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Black Swan (not a movie review)

"It's about a girl who gets turned into a swan and she needs love to break the spell, but her prince falls for the wrong girl so she kills herself." -- Nina Sayers, The Black Swan

In an instant, I fell in love with this movie.
It's been years then since I last super liked a certain flick and what I meant by super like is admiring it to the highest and utmost level of my life. These movie are somewhat an inspiration to me. The words uttered by the characters are mirrored in some ways of my life.

The production requires a ballerina to play both the innocent White Swan and the sensual Black Swan. One dancer, Nina (Natalie Portman), is a perfect fit for the White Swan, while Lily (Mila Kunis) has a personality that matches the Black Swan. When the two compete for the parts, Nina finds a dark side to herself.
Look at 0:05, she really looks creepy with her big, red eyes! She's a bet as a Black Swan!

"The only person standing in your way is YOU."

Nina Sayers final words will completely echo in my life:
"I am PERFECT"

2 comments:

  1. "The only person standing in your way is YOU."

    -Tama! You, yourself, just you, can truly help you.. Hahaha... Your best friend but also your worst enemy is YOU... 3:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Mia! I wish you happiness with the brave decision you made :D idol haha!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments!